If your notice of assessment differs from the return you filed, CRA gives a short explanation of the changes. If you are unable to understand their explanation, you may call the telephone number for general inquiries to perhaps receive further detail. If you disagree with the changes made, you may file a notice of objection and state your case for objecting. It is wise to have assistance when filing an objection.