Generally speaking you pay tax and are entitled to provincial deductions and credits to the province of residence on December 31 or the province of residence on the day before you emigrate from Canada. The exception to this is business income, which is allocated throughout the year to the various provinces where you have a permanent business establishment. CRA provides a schedule T2203 to assist in this allocation.